This is for all of the savory, salty, chip and dip lovers. These Okra Dippers are as tasty and satisfying as any of your favorite snacks but they are good-for-you! These little green dippers are addictive and oh so delicious. Roasted and crisped-up okra paired with a creamy red pepper dipping sauce is the perfect appetizer to serve to guests at an outdoor garden party. They taste sinful but actually healthy,
The Italian style dip made with our Umbria nut & spice mix and served alongside the okra adds a great red color contrast to the beautiful green veggies. Wait until you taste these little bites, they’re difficult to stop eating.
With only 4 ingredients, the red pepper dipping sauce is quick and simple to make but has amazing tang and flavor.
Although it is great paired with okra it could also be used on so many more foods. It would make a great dip on a crudité platter alongside lots of colorful raw veggies. It would be delicious on a wrap or as a sandwich spread, and it would work well as a creamy dressing on an iceberg lettuce wedge. Of course a side bowl of crispy pita chips would also make this dip disappear in no time.
In about 20 minutes (and most of that is cooking time) you can have a terrific snack or appetizer for guests. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon Umbria nut & spice mix
- 3/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt, plain
- 1 1/2 -2 roasted red peppers, jarred
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 lbs fresh okra
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- fresh basil, julienned, for presentation
- Mix together in a blender mascarpone cheese, greek yogurt, red pepper (depending upon how large they are in the jar, use 1 1/2 or 2 peppers), 1 tablespoon Umbria nut & spice mix and a pinch of salt. Blend until smooth, pour into a serving bowl and set aside.
- Set the oven to 425°. Slice each okra lengthwise, place them all onto a baking tray and drizzle them with olive oil. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and then using your hands, toss them gently so the oil is distributed on all the okra. Spread the veggies evenly so they have room to bake.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until they are nicely browned. The more you bake them, the crispier they get, but don't overcook them because they burn quickly. Remove from the heat and allow them to cool to room temperature.
- Arrange the okra onto a serving tray and place the red pepper dipping sauce beside it. Sprinkle the okra with a bit of fresh basil. Sprinkle the top of the dipping sauce with a bit of Umbria nut & spice mix. Enjoy!